Scripture: But the Lord said to me, “Don’t say, ‘I am only a ·boy [child; youth].’ You must go everywhere I send you, and you must say everything I ·tell you to say [L command you]. Don’t be afraid of anyone, because I am with you to protect you,” says the Lord. Then the Lord ·reached [L sent] out his hand and touched my mouth [C to consecrate it; Is. 6:7]. He said to me, “See, I am putting my words in your mouth.” Jeremiah 1:7-9
Instructions to follow –
- Don’t say ‘I am only a child’ or in my case, don’t say I am only a mom, wife, etc., as if to say God can’t use me because of these things; or that these mean I am uneducated, ill-equipped, or deficient of some kind.
- Go everywhere He sends me
- Say everything He tells me to say
- Don’t be afraid of anyone because He will be with me to protect me.
- Before He made me, He knew me
- Before I was born, He set me apart for a special work
- He has put His words in my mouth
Application: God sees me and knows me. He’s not making a mistake when He calls me to something. It’s foolish of me to question Him and ask Him if He’s sure, as if it’s possible for Him to be mistaken. He knows what He’s doing, even if I don’t understand it. He made me, knows me, set me apart, and has put His words in my mouth. I will follow! I am a child of God! I will go where He sends me and say everything He tells me to say! I will not be afraid of anyone because He is with me! Amen!
Prayer: Lord, I come before you humbly and with the boldness You’ve given me – use me in the ways You’ve set me apart for. Lead me and guide me and may Your will be done in my life and the lives I touch as I walk it out. Thank You, Lord! Give me Your wisdom, Your timing, and clarity in walking out these things. Thank You, Father. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.